Saturday, November 17, 2007

Jewelry Class

Our kids have been attending the New International School here in Krasnodar and I had the happy opportunity to teach an enrichment class for their first quarter.

It somehow got around that I knew how to make jewelry and I was asked to teach the middle school girls what I know.

Since what I know about jewelry making takes all of one hour to teach, and yet I was supposed to fill 45 minutes two days a week for about nine weeks, it was a learning experience for all of us!

Getting middle school girls to take a simple picture was almost more challenging than teaching the class!!!

After making the basic necklace, we made Macramé bracelets. Then we moved on to earrings and phone charms.

Our biggest project was beaded insects and animals that we used to decorate frames.

It was a lot of fun and though I am happy to have more time for other things, I will miss hanging out with those wacky girls!

No comments:

Upcoming Events

Received Permanent Residency - May
Joined the CMM - October
English Club Begins Again - September