Monday, March 12, 2007

School Days

The other day as I was dropping the kids off at school (their school is the building in the background with a steeple), I saw something that you don't see every day back in America...

A Chicken Herder!



This is the sign for their school.





It says, "House of Prayer" It is a church/private school. The girls don't understand everything (no one there speaks English) but their constant exposure to Russian has really helped them along in their language aquisition.



This is my Russian class. One of my classmates is missing due to morning sickness. My teacher is in the center. The man beside me has lived in Russia longer than we have and, like us, just now decided to really learn the language. The lady in the red scarf is German and the lady beside her is actually a distant cousin of my husband!

Small world...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. I dont' know who reads your blog, but keeping writing even if it's jsut for me! i need to see Russia, and see normal life there. I need to see happy kids, and beautiful things. The sea looks wonderful. Can you ask your hubby to build us a bonfire sometime for some shashlik? Can't wait to have a hayes/outlaw bbq!!! Can you tell me more about the girls school?, and are you sending back there, or to KIS next year? Didn't know what you had decided. Pray that the money comes so we can hop that plane!
Angie

Upcoming Events

Received Permanent Residency - May
Joined the CMM - October
English Club Begins Again - September