Friday, December 15, 2006

Registration Renewal!

Every 6 months we have to leave the country. Six months ago we renewed our one year visa, which required at least a week in a country other than Russia. This time we just had to cross the Russian border and get a stamp from another country in our passport.


We chose to save the time and money and drive 5 hours to the Ukrainian border. As we drove north, we watched the rain turn to snow. By the time we got to the border it was covering the ground and the girls just wanted to be turned loose to play in it!

Getting into Ukraine took a good hour, but when we wanted to turn right around and go back into Russia, they told us the law says we have to stay in Ukraine for three days... or go find another border station by which to enter Russia. Since we had left our little dog back at home, we figured we had better do what needed to be done.

We drove about 100 kilometers farther north to another city, and after asking directions of about four different people, found the border once again. We had left home at 6am and by 6pm we were sitting in a McDonalds in Rostov-on-Don (Russia) so grateful to have the ordeal behind us... for another 6 months...

India was VERY glad to see us when we returned home that night at 12:30 am!

3 comments:

The Stockwells said...

Hi Christine,
Its been forever since we have spoken but Leslie showed me that you have a blog and I just needed to comment. So many of my friends have them and I love blogs! Its an amazing way to keep up with people. Its wonderful to see that you are doing well and you have such beautiful children. Its also fun to see what you and Steve are doing in Russia. I hope all is well and I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog. It goes without saying but I will say it anyways....you and Steve had such a great impact on my life and I still cherish the memories of you as our youth pastors and my friend :) Bless you.
Kelli (Beal) Stockwell

Janet said...

Hey girl, I tried to email different times, but I am not sure they are going through. We sent Cady a birthday greeting and I think it got blocked. Give me an email and let's see if we can figure out a time to talk. Our email has been doing some crazy things lately. Talk with you later. Tell Cady we hope she had a wonderful birthday.
Love to all.
Janet

taiseer said...

get us visa renewal today Get Your visa renewal done in less than 3 hours from the time you make your embassy payment. payment after processing your application. we deal with american USA visa renewal services in India mainly in Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai Chennai kolkata. us visa renewal without interview

Upcoming Events

Received Permanent Residency - May
Joined the CMM - October
English Club Begins Again - September